Course progress: May 1-5

During this past week, the four groups in our class finished or are very close to finishing their new models of their individual projects. The first prototypes were found to have mistakes that were reasonably fair to change and make better.

The groups have shared information to higher level professionals who have the knowledge and resources to potenially help spread our projects to more people involved in the Syrian Refugee Crisis across the world.

This is my groups first prototype which is boring and identical to others who have attempted this. It needed something different and structurally built more efficiently. 

This is my groups first prototype which is boring and identical to others who have attempted this. It needed something different and structurally built more efficiently. 

This is our finished piece. We built the structure with less glue but more preciseness. We 3D printed stilt like forms that function to bring the roof up and down when nessecary.  

This is our finished piece. We built the structure with less glue but more preciseness. We 3D printed stilt like forms that function to bring the roof up and down when nessecary.  

This is another example of progress between a first prototype and a second prototype

This is another example of progress between a first prototype and a second prototype

My group's project is called the EZgrow and we improved by adding stilt like forms to help lower and rise the roof to allow water and trap heat.

All groups still have room for improvements but we all have drastically improved our projects between our 1st and 2nd prototypes.